Salzburg Fortress and Mozart's Birthplace private tour
- Visit Mozart's Birthplace
- Discover Fortress Hohensalzburg
- Get to know the famous chocolate Salzburg Mozartkugeln
- Discover political and economic highlights of Salzburg's history
See two highlights in one tour: Visit Mozart's Birthplace and the Fortress Hohensalzburg with a professional guide.
In the heart of the city center, visit Mozart's Birthplace and travel 300 years back in time. Get to know the Mozart family – their success and failure, music, travel and illnesses. Portraits, letters, music and personal belongings bring the history of the Mozart family back to life.
Afterwards it's time to discover the famous Salzburg Mozartkugeln pralines. Visit the first production place of the Mozartkugeln and get to know other delicious Mozartkugeln on the way to the fortress. Pass by the impressive Residence Square and take the funiculary to the fortress. Walk around the fortress, discover several bastions, panoramic views of various mountain ranges and beautiful gardens. Walk over the spiral staircase to the lookout tower or visit the princely rooms on the high floor. You will be impressed how well preserved the wooden ceilings are, the tiled stoves, the equipment of the royal rooms and much more.
If you still have time, enjoy the view over Salzburg a bit longer from one of the beer gardens.
Program at a glance
- Mozart Square
- Salzburg Cathedral
- Residence Square
- Festung Hohensalzburg
- Mozart‘s Birthplace
- Salzburg Card
- Entrance Mozart's Birthplace Museum
- Entrance Fortress
- Funicular ticket
Mozartplatz 1, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
- It is recommended to buy the Salzburg Card before the tour. The Salzburg Card inlcudes one-time free admission to all attractions and museums (such as Mozart's Birthplace Museum) and free travel on public transportation (such as the funicular)
- The tour program can be tailored to your wishes
On this trip you will be picked up in the city of Salzburg with a glass roof panorama van (maximum 8...
For more than ten years, the Salzburg Foundation financed the creation of a high-profile sculpture p...
Salzburg is one of the bike-friendliest cities in Austria. A perfect network of bicycle lanes make i...
Be enchanted by the “Land of Music," travelling through Hof and Fuschl in the Lakes region. Explore ...
Experience the nicest side of Salzburg. Beginning at the "Makartsteg" in the centre of the Old Town,...
In this trip to "Hellbrunn", enjoy the Old Town scenery, the natural landscape of the Salzach combin...