Avila and Segovia full-day tour from Madrid
- Enjoy a full-day trip from Madrid
- Visit two of the most famous cities near the Spanish capital and discover its rich history
- Escape the noise and traffic of the city for a day
This full-day tour, with departure from Madrid, will take you to two of the most famous cities around Madrid, Avila, and Segovia, both very rich in history. Departing at 9.00am, you'll travel with a professional tour guide and explore the streets of the two cities, admiring the beauty of the architecture of the old churches, palaces, and convents, as well as an old Roman aqueduct. There are three different lunch options you can purchase from and add to your fee if you so desire.
The first stop on your tour will be in Avila, a city that preserves the most ancient and complete fortified complex in Spain (XI century). Its 2500m wall and its 90 fortified towers surround the old city, which houses a great part of its monumental treasure including a large number of Romanesque style churches, gothic palaces and a fortified cathedral of the XII century. You will visit the Convent and Museum of Teresa de Jesús, the Cathedral (the outside), the Plaza Mayor and the Basilica of San Vicente.
At the end of the tour, you will go to Segovia, famous for its well-preserved roman aqueduct, which is 16km long. Home of some of the kings of Castile, this city preserves one of the most important medieval group of buildings in Spain. Due to its elegance, the Cathedral of Segovia is considered to be “the Lady of the Cathedrals”, and the Alcázar is the most spectacular castle in the country. You will see the Aqueduct, the Cathedral, and the Alcázar.
The following lunch options can be chosen when you purchase your ticket.
- WITH TAPA: includes a drink: soft drink, beer, wine, still water, coffee- and a tapa of Spanish omelet
- TOURIST LUNCH: Includes: La Granja White beans + Segovia style stuffed veal with garniture + dessert (Drinks are not included)
- GASTRONOMIC LUNCH: Includes: La Granja White beans + roasted suckling pig + ponche cake with ice cream + red wine, mineral water and coffee
The estimated time of arrival in Madrid is at 6.00pm (depending on traffic conditions).
- Air-conditioned bus
- Bilingual official guide (English and Spanish)
- Entrance to the Avila Walls (except on Mondays from November to March 2019)
- Entrance to the Convent of Santa Teresa
- Entrance to the Cathedral of Segovia
- Entrance to the Alcázar of Segovia
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified
- Infants (0-5 years): free (meals and consumption not included)
- Children (6-15 years): reduced
- Senior (+65): reduced
Calle de San Nicolás, 15, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Julia Travel office at Calle San Nicolás, 15, next to Plaza de Ramales
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- April to October: Daily
- November to March: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Departure time: 9.00am
- Check-in time: 15 minutes before departing time
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared a World Heritage Site by ...
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UN...
Visit Toledo and Segovia and admire the main attractions of these two cities, as they are some of th...
Combine 2 half-day tours!In this tour you will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architec...
In this tour we will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared a ...
Combine two half day tours!Toledo (morning)Discover the "City of the Three Cultures"! Located 70 km ...
The most fun and definitely the easiest way to get to know Madrid is on this double-decker bus. With...
The Monastery of El Escorial was built under the reign of the powerful King Philip II to be a reside...
Meet the most important points of Madrid with this complete night city tour, while the night begins,...
With this walking tour you will discover the most emblematic buildings from the Renaissance and Baro...