The Famous Berlin Walk guided city tour
- Visit all the main, world famous and less famous, sites in Berlin
- Delve into the history of Berlin from the time of the Teutonic Knights to the 20th century
- Discover unbeatable guides and "excellent – insightful – always intriguing" tours (Lonely Planet)
Visit ALL the Main Sites (and the hidden ones others pass by!) from the Berlin Wall to the Brandenburg Gate, from the site of Hitler's bunker to the Reichstag parliament building and much, much more. Discover that the guides of Insider Tours are simply unbeatable! And the tours "excellent – insightful – always intriguing, like Lonely Planet defined them.
Delve into the history of Berlin with a tour that charts the city's development from the time of the Teutonic Knights through to its key role in the major events of the twentieth century, as capital of the Nazi Third Reich, as the divided city of the Cold War, and as the modern capital of a unified Germany in the new Europe!
Stroll down Berlin's royal boulevard and retrace the city's evolution from a pagan fishing village into the capital of Prussia, a centre of the Enlightenment under Frederick the Great, the scene of occupation by Napoleon, and the capital of Bismarck's German empire. Discover the brilliant memorial for the Nazi book burning close to where Marx studied and Albert Einstein taught. Walk across the final battlefield of WWII and find out how the peculiar events surrounding the Reichstag fire led to the Nazis' rise to power in 1933. Stand at the site of Hitler's bunker: an in-depth account of the claustrophobic last days spent inside, Hitler’s suicide, the fate of his remains and what became of the bunker itself. Explore the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe and get the inside story behind the incredible controversy surrounding it.
Lear all about the Wall: the secret history of why it went up and how Berlin was divided overnight. Visit one of the longest remaining sections of the wall left standing close to the former SS & Gestapo HQ. See where President Reagan spoke the famous words: 'Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!' and where JFK was confronted with the Iron Curtain. Pass through Checkpoint Charlie and discover the site where the Stasi and CIA spied on each other and heroic and tragic escape attempts were made - we'll share the amazing stories surrounding this Cold War crossing point.
In the end, visit Berlin's spectacular new government quarter and get a feel for the contemporary face of the city, its development since the fall of the Wall, and its future direction.
- Guided city tour (4 hours)
- Public transport ticket for AB zone (for tours that start from Hardenbergplatz)
- Entrance to the seen attractions
- Children (0-12 years): free with paying adult
- Student (13-25 years): reduced
- Senior (from 65 years): reduced
- If you acquire reduced tickets, please show a valid ID/student's ID at the meeting point
1st meeting point (for 10:00am): Hardenbergplatz, Berlin 10623
2nd meeting point (for 10.30am): Hackescher Markt, Berlin 10178
From 1 April 2020, there is one meeting point for all starting times: Reichstagufer 17, Berlin 10117
The 1st meeting point is in front of “McDonald's”, outside the main entrance to the suburban and underground train station "Zoologischer Garten" (Zoo)
The 2nd meeting point is in front of the "AM to PM" bar & restaurant, at the exit "Am Zwirngraben" of the suburban and underground train station "Hackescher Markt"
From 1 April 2020, meet outside Friedrichstrasse train station, on the square beside the 'Traenenpalast' (Palace of Tears).
- The tour finishes at Brandenburg Gate
- There are two meeting points. Just choose the one you are more comfortable to reach
- If you come to the first meeting point at Hardenbergplatz, a public transport ticket for AB zone is required, that is not included in the tour price
- Please be in time. The tour can't wait for latecomers
- November 2019 to March 2020 the tour operates every day at 10:00am (1st meeting point) or 10:30am (second meeting point)
- From 1 April 2020 to 31 October 2020 the tour operates daily at 10.00am and 2.00pm (same meeting point)
- From 1 November 2020 to 31 March 2021 the tour operates daily at 10.00am (same meeting point)
First time in Berlin? This is the perfect tour for you! Visit all of Berlin’s most famous sights and...
A relaxing and unique way to experience Berlin is by boat. Avoid the nasty traffic and crowds of the...
The city center of Berlin is filled with famous sightseeing points: the TV tower, Brandenburg Gate, ...
Join a fascinating tour around Berlin and learn about the Cold War and life in the most policed stat...
Did you already knew that according to the first plans, the TV Tower should have been built in a com...
Experience your one-of-a-kind WOW moments. Totally interactive Sets, amazing costumes, exciting musi...
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity ...
Berlin was the frontline of the Cold War. This tour explores people, places and secrets that kept tw...
What comes to your mind when you think of Berlin?That’s right, it’s the Berlin Wall! The remains of ...
The impressive neoclassical building that hosts the Altes Museum (Old Museum) was built between 1823...