Private Berlin food tour with tastings
- Taste food diversity in Berlin from the currywurst to Turkish baklava
- Experience Berlin like a real local with a private guide
- Enjoy 10 delicious tastings
- Private tour: only you and your local host
Get ready to experience the truly multicultural side of Berlin: the food scene! Enjoy 10 delicious tastings, carefully chosen by a local guide to impress your taste buds! Whether you want to check out the local cuisine, Asian flavors or Turkish goodies, you’re in for a treat!
On this tour you’ll try out 5 authentic German bites, 3 delicious Turkish specialties, 1 Asian treat and the loved-by-all German beer. All of this in the company of your guide and its amazing local stories.
Start your food journey with the most popular German snack: the Currywurst. Try it out in a small family business that’s selling it for generations. Continue with a visit to the local market, where you’ll enjoy the traditional "Käse and Sülze". Your next stop is a beautiful neighbourhood cafe where you get to try the German version of a Bruschette away from any tourist trails.
What’s next? Step into the Asian scene for some tasty spring rolls served with a special homemade „sweet & sour chinese style“ sauce. Need a break? No worries, it’s time for a visit to an old Berlin brewery for the perfect fresh unfiltered beer. Relax and enjoy local stories from your amazing host, right before you head to the Turkish part of your tour! Can it get any better than that?
Yes it can! As you eat your way through the city you also see parts of the city only known by the locals. It’s the perfect opportunity to get great local insights for the rest of your trip! All the awesome tastings are included in the price of the tour, so all you have to do is relax and enjoy your delicious food experience!
- This tour is a private tour, the price changes depending on the number of participants. You can come alone or in a group of up to 8 people. The price you see during the booking is the total amount
- You can indicate during the booking a time and language you prefer, we will answer you if we can provide them, otherwise the request will be valid for the selected time and the English language
This is the plan:
- Tasting 1 - Classic Currywurst - Try it from a place with 35 years of tradition that became a culinary Berliner institution
- Tasting 2 - Fresh Schloßberger Cheese and Sulz - Match it with Bauernsülzeat at the Bio Molkerei. (On Sundays, the tasting will be "liver-cheese", a specialty food found in the south of Germany)
- Tasting 3 - Schnittchen "Trzesniewski" - a delicious creamy spread that you will enjoy at a quiet café near a unique cemetery. (Only on Mondays, the tasting will be a traditional German Bretzel with delicious cream and chives)
- Tasting 4 - The Kalte Reispapierrolle - An Asian treat served in a small imbis by a nice lady that the locals love
- Tasting 5 - Relax with an original Heller Stern Beer in one of the oldest Berliner breweries still running!
- Tasting 6 - Tasty Kartofelpuffer - Authentic German street-food, prepared for 30 years, daily, by the same chef
- Tasting 7 - Falafel- Order it at a window shop, a hidden gem only known by locals
- Tasting 8 - The Köfke Durum / Gözleme - a Turkish delight, that either meaty or vegetarian, is a must try
- Tasting 9 - A sweet Berliner (pfannkuchen) that you will never forget
- Tasting 10 - Baklava - Pick your favorite from the shop with the most assortments of Baklava in Berlin
- Private Guide
- 8 Tastings and 2 alcoholic drinks
- Extra snacks and drinks
- Pick-up service
Mehringdamm 36, 10961 Berlin, Germany
Meet your guide in front of the Curry 36 restaurant in Mehringdamm 36.
- Moderate amount of walking included
- Please specify any dietary restrictions at check-out
- This tour is a private tour, the price changes depending on the number of participants
- Available daily
- Please select your starting time at the time of booking
- Confirmation of guide's contact details will be sent after booking
This cruise on the Spree in Berlin is the perfect option for you, if you want to see as much of Berl...
The Havel classic invites you to a wonderful cruise on the southwestern Havel lakes. Enjoy two hours...
The city center of Berlin is filled with famous sightseeing points: the TV tower, Brandenburg Gate, ...
Discover the wild side of Kreuzberg that transformed from one of the poorest quarters of Berlin in t...
Go on a bike tour through Kreuzberg, Prenzlauer Berg and Friedrichshain and experience 'real' Berlin...
Discover Berlin’s ambivalent queer history, including both periods of celebration of sexual freedom ...