Snowshoeing tour to Paint Pots
- Snowshoe along a forested trail in Kootenay National Park
- Listen to stories of Banff's indigenous people
- Enjoy a unique Canadian treat
Paint Pots are a cultural treasure within Banff's National Park. They are mineral deposits once used by First Nations people for rock painting. On this tour you will snowshoe on an easy trail along a bridge across the frozen Vermilion river and and along the snowy path winding through a forest of pine trees to the Paint Pots. You will also learn about the history of the fur trade. Along the way you will hear stories of Banff’s indigenous people, explorers and fur traders who lived in and traveled through the Rockies. After this crisp winter walk, enjoy a uniquely Canadian treat: hot maple taffy poured into snow to make a sweet frozen dessert. Plus try a crazy carpet slide down the hill while it’s being made – kids and adults alike love this part of the tour!
This is an excellent trip for beginners as it covers a mainly flat terrain with minimal elevation gain. It also suits anyone wanting a pleasant activity outdoors in the majesty of Kootenay National Park.
Main highlights of the tour:
- The Hudson's Bay Point Blanket Jacket
- Authentic trapping tools
- Paint Pots
- Crazy carpet slide
- Pick-up and drop off
- Maple Taffy treat
- Children from 8 to 12 years old
- Children under 8 years old are not allowed on this tour
Mt Royal Hotel: 138 Banff Ave, Banff
Pick up: call +18775659372 to schedule this ahead of time.
No pick-up: please meet at the public bus parking area behind the Mt Royal Hotel.
- Hotel pick-up from Banff hotels is available, you must call +18775659372 to schedule this ahead of time. Transportation will not go to hotels without prior scheduling and confirmation
- If you choose the pick-up option, please be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour start time at your hotel/pick-up location
- If you don't choose the pick-up option, please be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour start time and wait by the seat in the carpark
- Look for a blue mini bus that says 'Discover Banff Tours’
- All children aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by someone 18 years and older. All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour
- A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18
- Departure at 1.30pm
- Activity takes place from November to April
On this day tour you'll be picked up from your Banff accommodation and taken along winding mountain ...
You'll enjoy a breathtaking ascent to the pinnacle of Sulphur Mountain for an awe-inspiring 360-degr...
Visit Banff’s landmarks, learn its history and learn about wildlife in their natural winter habitat....
These stunning alpine lakes look too beautiful to be real. On this sightseeing tour you will visit t...
Experience the romance of Banff in winter on a private sleigh ride for two along the foothills of th...
Ride along the tranquil Bow River - an area home to wildlife in amongst the thick marshes and grassy...