Day trip to Lake Louise
- Have fun snowshoeing
- Enjoy iconic views
- Go ice skating on the frozen lake
Lake Louise transforms into a real life snow globe in the winter that has to be seen to be believed. On this full day tour you’ll have plenty of time to explore on your own: borrow some snowshoes from your guide and explore the many trails, wander the shoreline and take in the iconic views. To make the most of your visit, rent a pair of ice skates and skate on the frozen lake – an authentic Canadian experience!
The highlights of the tour are:
- Bow Valley Parkway, the scenic highway to Lake Louise, great for wildlife viewing
- Mt. Victoria and Victoria Glacier
- Snowshoe Sampler
Snowshoeing is a form of hiking where snowshoes are worn over your boots to distribute your weight over the snow. It’s way more fun and less tiring than walking in regular shoes through deep snow! There are a lot of snowshoeing trails around Lake Louise and your guide will bring snowshoes for you to use and instruct you on how to put them on and use them correctly. After you are free to roam around and explore the area.
If snowshoeing isn’t your thing, you can hire some ice skates or cross country skies from the Chateau (typically available from mid December to mid April) or simply admire the impressive ice castle and ice sculptures by the lake (typically from late January to early March).
- Pick-up and drop off
- Maple cookie snack and hot chocolate
- Lunch is not included, and so you might want to bring something with you. Alternatively you can purchase food from the Deli at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
- Children from 6 to 12 years old
- Infants from 0 to 5 years old are free
Mt Royal Hotel: 138 Banff Ave, Banff
Pick up: call +18775659372 to schedule this ahead of time.
No pick-up: please meet at the public bus parking area behind the Mt Royal Hotel.
- Hotel pick-up from Banff hotels is available, you must call +18775659372 to schedule this ahead of time. Transportation will not go to hotels without prior scheduling and confirmation
- If you choose the pick-up option, please be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour start time at your hotel/pick-up location
- If you don't choose the pick-up option, please be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour start time and wait by the seat in the carpark
- Look for a blue mini bus that says 'Discover Banff Tours’
- Pick-up is between 10.00am and 10.15am in Banff
- You will spend just over 4 hours at Lake Louise before returning to Banff at around 5.00pm
On this day tour you'll be picked up from your Banff accommodation and taken along winding mountain ...
You'll enjoy a breathtaking ascent to the pinnacle of Sulphur Mountain for an awe-inspiring 360-degr...
Paint Pots are a cultural treasure within Banff's National Park. They are mineral deposits once used...
These stunning alpine lakes look too beautiful to be real. On this sightseeing tour you will visit t...
Experience the romance of Banff in winter on a private sleigh ride for two along the foothills of th...
Ride along the tranquil Bow River - an area home to wildlife in amongst the thick marshes and grassy...